Follow this perfect & easy homemade lemonade recipe to refresh and cool yourself after a hot day out!
A glass of lemonade is balanced with acidity and sweetness. It’s also the first drink in mind we’ve got when the sunny days come, and I make sure this fresh end special recipe will get you ready for a long summer ahead.
- 8 lemons, plus more for garnishing if desired
- 1½ – 2 cups sugar
- 6 cups water, divided
Author: Divas Can Cook
- Wash lemons, then roll them around on a hard surface to make a lot easier to juice.
- Zest a couple of lemons, set aside.
- In a sauce over medium heat, add 2 cups of water, sugar and lemon zest. Simmer till sugar dissolves and mixture has a light yellow color (about 5 minutes), then remove from the heat.
- Juice lemons, strain them into a serving pitcher.
- Continue train the sugar zest mixture into the lemon juice, add in about 4 cups of water. Taste to make sure it’s ok for you.
- Put them in a glass filled with ice and enjoy (or you can store them in the refrigerator)! Garnish some sliced lemons for each glass.
Notes: You can make a sparkling lemonade by replacing the water with sparkling water club soda. It’s pretty good like that!